Responding to a Florida Bar Inquiry on your own can be dangerous to your license.
* When a lawyer receives an Inquiry from The Florida Bar it is absolutely imperative that he or she resist the urge to fire off an immediate response.
* A lawyer should always consult with an experienced Florida Bar defense attorney prior to responding to any inquiry no matter how insignificant the issue may seem.
* The Florida Bar takes Bar Complaints very seriously and so should you.
* Most lawyers consider their license to be priceless. It doesn’t make sense to be careless when dealing with a Bar Complaint.
* Hiring an experienced Florida Bar defense attorney is something you can’t afford not to do. Doing it on your own is risky.
We recently handled 2 separate cases that were extremely problematic due to the fact that both of the attorneys responded to the Florida Bar Inquiries on their own before seeking any legal advice. As a result in both cases the attorneys made statements that seriously negatively impacted their cases and potential defenses.
In both of these cases had the attorneys’ involved sought legal assistance from an experienced Florida Bar defense attorney they would have put themselves in a much better position with the potential for a more favorable disposition of their cases.
Even if you were on a different planet at the time the alleged offense took place nothing contained in your response will result in the Bar dismissing the complaint. Almost never do complaints get dismissed based upon a response from the respondent. The usual response sets out the respondent’s version of the facts of the case as well as an explanation as to his or her conduct together with usually a rendition of how honorable and dedicated the respondent has been prior to this incident. In doing this the chances of making admissions that can and will be used against you are very high and one who files his or her own response does so at their peril.
The best response that the respondent can make initially is no response but to get legal assistance.
The material presented on this site is included with the understanding and agreement that the Law Offices of Richard B. Marx & Associates is not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services by posting said material. The services of a competent professional should be sought if legal or other specific expert assistance is required.
For more information on how Richard Marx, Esq. can help you resolve Florida Bar Inquiry.
Call him at (305) 579-9060.
*WARNING TO FLORIDA ATTORNEYS*
Responding to a Florida Bar Inquiry Inquiry on your own – Don’t do it!